Monday, March 17, 2014

The Power of Cursing



Why do people use cursing in their everyday language? Perhaps many people see it as a sign of immaturity, but a recent study shows that cursing can sometimes help relieve pain and stress.

Often times, people use cursing to express passion and excitement. It doesn’t always have to be seen as a negative thing, and plenty of smart and respectful people use cursing every now and then.

However, one thing is for certain: cursing grabs our attention and makes us focus. And we can use this fact to our advantage in our own self-improvement.

For example, by practicing self-affirmations with cursing in them, we can make those affirmations more powerful, interesting, and engaging to our minds.

Here are examples of affirmations with cursing:

“I’m really fucking awesome.”

“I don’t give a shit about what people think about me.”

“I can do whatever the fuck I put my mind to.”

“I’m strong enough to overcome any shit life throws at me.”

“I’m going to fucking relax.“



These affirmations may seem a bit extreme to some of you, but my point is that sometimes “cursing” can be a fun and powerful way to add passion to our statements.

Consider trying these affirmations out for yourself – or even creating some of your own.

When you read some of these affirmations, you may picture a young, arrogant jock giving himself a “pep talk” in the bathroom – but I believe these kind of “pep talks” can be a great way to boost confidence and relieve stress.

from: http://www.theemotionmachine.com/the-power-of-cursing-when-practicing-affirmations

No comments:

Post a Comment